For Windows 8 1) Press Win Button and Type “Control Panel” and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel Window, Open “Windows Firewall”.
3) On left hand side you will find “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: If you are logged in as Guest user you may be asked to enter Admin Password
4) Press Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network location and then Click “OK”
Step 2: Check Proxy Setting
1) Open Control Panel. Microsoft Windows 7 : Press Win Key and then Click On Control Panel from Right Pane. Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it. 2) In Control Panel Window Click on “Internet Options”. 3) Select Connections Tab and then Click On LAN Setting.
4) Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its switched ON.
Step 3: Temporarily Disable Antivirus
– Open Your Antivrus software – Disable it till the Office 365 repair is going on. Check vendor website for more details.
Step 4: Try the installation again
In most case 87-6 error code in Office 365 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you are not able to resolve the issue following above steps, you can contact our 24×7 Chat Support for help.