How to Fix Error Code 1072-3-0 Office 365 – Tutorial
1072-3-0 Error Code Office 365 Overview
Software Level Conflict
Affected Operating Systems
How To Fix 1072-3-0 Error Code in Office 365
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Microsoft Windows Firewall
For Microsoft Windows 7 and later
1) Click Start Button or Simply Press Win key and in right pane Click on Control Panel.
2) Open “Windows Firewall” from Control Panel .
3) Click On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: You will need Administrator privilege to enable or disable firewall.
4) Click “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” under each network location and then Click “OK”
Note: Please Activate Microsoft Windows Firewall after Office 365 repair is complete.
Step 2: Check Proxy Setting Issue
1) Goto Control Panel. Windows 7 : Press Win Key and then Select Control Panel from Right Pane. Microsoft Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it. 2) In Control Panel Click on “Internet Options”. 3) Click On Connections Tab and then Click On LAN Setting.
4) Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its already ON.
Step 3: Repair System Files
1) Press Win + R
2) Type cmd and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you may be asked to login as Administrator.
Step 4: Try the installation again
In most case 1072-3-0 error code in Office 365 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you are not able to resolve the issue following above steps, you can contact our 24×7 Chat Support for help.