How to Fix Error Code 0x80040600 Office 365 – Guide
0x80040600 Error Code Office 365 Information
Affected Operating Systems
How To Fix 0x80040600 Error Code in Office 365
Repair Difficulty : Critical
Step 1: Disable Firewall
For Microsoft Windows 7 and later
1) Press “Windows Key + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Windows Firewall Window will Open. 3) Tap On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: If you are logged in as Guest user you will be asked to
4) Turn Off Windows Firewall and Press “OK” Button.
Warning: You can activate Microsoft Windows Firewall after Office 365 installation is complete.
Step 2: Proxy Setting
1) Goto Control Panel. Windows 7 : Click Start and then Select Control Panel from Right window. Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it. 2) In Search Box Type Internet and Click on “Internet Options”. 3) Select Connections Tab and then Choose LAN Setting.
4) Turn off “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its already ON.
Step 3: Check System Integrity
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you may be asked to login as Administrator.
Step 4: Try the installation again
In most case 0x80040600 error code in Office 365 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you are not able to resolve the issue following above steps, you can contact our 24×7 Chat Support for help.